When IS 339 had its annual School Quality Review from May 27-28, the reviewer stated that she thought it was the best use of educational technology that she had seen. This is warm praise indeed from someone who has visited so many schools in England and New York.
What the school does well:
- The school collects and analyzes a wide range of data to understand and meet the needs of the student.
- The use and development of technology throughout the school is excellent in enhancing both teaching and learning.
- The principal and his leadership team have a very clear vision for the future development of the school.
- Teamwork and collaboration are strong features of the school.
- There are many good opportunities for professional development.
- Clear procedures allow the school to operate smoothly and create a positive learning environment.
- Students are enthusiastic, articulate, and enjoy their learning.
- Interventions and support services are used well in supporting students socially and emotionally, as well as academically.